- BlackBerry Curve 8520 smartphone
- BlackBerry Curve 8900 smartphone
- BlackBerry Bold 9000 smartphone
- BlackBerry Device Software 184.108.40.2062 to 220.127.116.117
- DT 851765
Ring tones and alerts do not play, regardless of the tune or volume setting, after an update to BlackBerry Device Software 18.104.22.1682 on the BlackBerry smartphone.
- While the BlackBerry smartphone is powered on, remove the battery.
- Reinsert the battery.
- Once the BlackBerry smartphone has powered up, attempt to set up a custom ring tone.
- When scrolling through the available ring tones, allow the tone to play. This may take several seconds.
- Select the desired tone.
- If the sound for the notifications disappears, remove the battery and repeat the process.
Use the BlackBerry Virtual Expert diagnostics application to provide additional diagnostic information to help identify the cause. For more information, see KB35973.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.