- BlackBerry World
- BlackBerry ID
- DT 2487795
Once a credit card or PayPal account is associated in the BlackBerry ID payment options for use with BlackBerry World, there is no method of removing the association.
The current credit card or PayPal account associated to the BlackBerry ID can be changed to a new card, a new account, or to carrier billing by updating the payment method. For more information on this, see KB23717.
Existing credit cards associated with BlackBerry World payment options cannot be deleted, and only new card numbers may be added. If you do not wish to enter another credit card, a dummy credit
card may be used. These credit cards are used for payment validation only, and will not allow a purchase to be processed.
A list of dummy card numbers can be found here.
If you want to remove your payment methods from BlackBerry World please follow these steps:
Note: This must be completed before attempting to delete your BlackBerry ID account.
- Access www.blackberry.com/appworld and login with your current BlackBerry ID account.
- Select My Payment Options
- If the current payment options is PayPal or carrier billing select Credit Card and Next.
- If the current payment is credit card select Modify.
- If prompted, select Continue without device connection.
- Enter the test credit card details as seen below and ensure all required fields are completed. This is test data that will remove your payment method permanently.
Test Credit Card Data:
- First Name - Test
- Last Name - Test
- Card Type - Visa
- Card Number - 4012888888881881
- Expiration Date - any future date
- CCV - 519
- Street Address - 321 Mystreet Drive
- City - city
- Postal/ZIP - L4T 6Y7
- Country - Canada
- Select Save.
Once you have removed your personal payment method from BlackBerry World, to complete the deletion of your BlackBerry ID account, refer to KB36188.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.