- BlackBerry® Desktop Software 2.0 for Mac
- BlackBerry® smartphones
Complete the following steps to perform a device switch:
- Connect the current device to the computer via USB cable.
- On the computer, in the Applications folder, click the BlackBerry Desktop Software icon.
- From the Device menu, click Switch Device.
- If a second USB cable is available, connect the new device.
- Do any of the following:
- If you want to install updated BlackBerry Device Software on the new device, if available, select the Update software for my new device, if available check box.
- If you want to move your existing third-party applications to the new device, if compatible, select the Copy third-party applications check box.
- Click Start. The device is backed up.
- If you didn't connect your new device to your computer in step 4, disconnect your previous device and connect the new device now. Click OK.
- If your new device is running BlackBerry Device Software 6.0, you can install the Wi-Fi music sync feature on your device. Select the Turn on Wi-fi music sync check box. Click Continue.
- When the Switch Device screen appears, your device data has been imported to your new device.
- Move your SIM card and your media card (if applicable) to the new device.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.