- BlackBerry® Desktop Software 2.0 for Mac
- BlackBerry® smartphones
- BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
- The BlackBerry smartphone is active on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
- The software upgrade, downgrade or reload occurs with BlackBerry Desktop Software 2.0 or higher.
- The version of BlackBerry Device Software is 5.0 or higher.
- IT policies on the BlackBerry smartphone allow for web based software loading and provide access to the BlackBerry Services database.
- The initial BlackBerry Device Software version on the BlackBerry smartphone supports serial protocol version 2.3.
- During a device switch.
- During a manual backup and restore.
- When access is denied to the BlackBerry Services database.
- When the BlackBerry Device Software is downgraded below version 5.0.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.