- BlackBerry App World™ for BlackBerry® smartphones
With BlackBerry App World™ 2.0 and later, it is possible to purchase applications and have them charged directly to the monthly bill from your wireless service provider (Carrier Billing). In order to take advantage of this, the following is required:
- Your wireless service provider is configured to use this service
- A WAP2 service book
The billing service is currently configured for the following wireless service providers:
- T-Mobile USA®
- A1 - Austria
- Bell - Mobility Canada
- Digicel - Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Barbados, Bermuda, Bonaire, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Island, Curacao, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Panama, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos
- Fido - Canada
- Indosat - Indonesia
- O2 - United Kingdom, Ireland
- SFR - France
- Telefonica - Germany
- Telstra - Australia
- Virgin Mobile - Canada, United Kingdom
- Vodafone - Spain, Greece, Italy, Ireland, Portugal, United Kingdom, Netherlands, South Africa
If your service is with one of the supported wireless service providers and you do not have the billing option, refer to KB11540 to verify that you have the WAP2 service book on the BlackBerry smartphone. If the WAP2 service book is not listed, refer to KB05517 for information on obtaining this.
For AT&T customers, carrier billing is only available to customers who do not subscribe to any BlackBerry Enterprise Service. If the customer subscribes to any Enterprise plan on their BlackBerry smartphone, the option to bill through the carrier will not be available.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.