- BlackBerry ID
The original confirmation email that was sent to the email address used as your BlackBerry ID Username when the account was created can be used to delete the BlackBerry ID account. The email message contains a link which allows for account deletion.
Warning: Deleting the BlackBerry ID is an irreversible action. Once the BlackBerry ID account has been deleted, the information associated with the account will be lost and is not recoverable. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- BlackBerry World purchases
- BBM contacts (when using BBM 7.0 or higher for BlackBerry smartphones or BBM for Android, iPhone, and Windows Phone)
- BlackBerry Protect information and backup data
- BlackBerry 10 smartphone backups created while using the deleted BlackBerry ID (these can no longer be restored to the device)
- BBM Music subscriptions
- BlackBerry News RSS subscriptions
- Email accounts associated with a BlackBerry Internet Service account that uses the deleted BlackBerry ID (on BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry 7).
Note: Email accounts can be re-associated through a new BlackBerry ID.
To delete the BlackBerry ID:
- Find and open the original confirmation email. (Search your email inbox using the Subject or From email address as seen in the example below)
- Look for the line of text at the bottom of the message that begins with:
If you did not create or do not recognize this account...
- Click the link and follow the steps to delete the BlackBerry ID.
The following is an example of the original confirmation message sent to the email used as the BlackBerry ID Username when the BlackBerry ID is created:
Your BlackBerry ® ID has been created
You've created a BlackBerry ID!
Learn more about BlackBerry ID
The BlackBerry Team
If you did not create or do not recognize this account, delete this BlackBerry ID.
If the original confirmation email cannot be found, use one of the following articles for steps to generate a new confirmation email in order to delete the BlackBerry ID:
- KB36188 - How to delete the BlackBerry ID account used with BlackBerry smartphones and BlackBerry PlayBook tablets
- KB35103 - How to delete the BlackBerry ID account used with BBM for Android, iPhone, and Windows Phone
If you need further BBID support you can get support here.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.