- BlackBerry® smartphones
- Flickr™ Uploader for BlackBerry® smartphones
As of March 1st, 2011, BlackBerry smartphone users will not be able to download or use the Flickr Uploader for BlackBerry smartphones to wirelessly upload images from a BlackBerry smartphone to a Flickr account.
Users may receive the following message when attempting to upload a photo:
Request Failed. Please try again later
To continue uploading your favorite photos to a Flickr account after March 1st, 2011, visit the Flickr mobile site using your BlackBerry Browser*:
To remove the Flickr application from the BlackBerry smartphone, complete the following steps:
- On the BlackBerry smartphone, go to Options.
- Complete the appropriate steps for the version of BlackBerry Device Software:
- If the smartphone is using BlackBerry Device Software 4.1 to 4.7, go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications
- If the smartphone is using BlackBerry Device Software 5.0, go to Options > Applications > then select Third Party
- If the smartphone is using BlackBerry Device Software 6.0, go to Options > Device > Application Management
- Highlight the Flickr application, press the Menu key and select Delete.
Note: Data charges may apply. Always check with your wireless service provider.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.