- BlackBerry Bridge
- BlackBerry PlayBook™ tablet
- BlackBerry® PlayBook™ Applications
When you first begin using your BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet if you skipped through the setup wizard you may notice that the icons for Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Messages, BlackBerry Messenger, Bridge Files and Bridge Browser are not present and no category called BlackBerry® Bridge exists on the home screen.
Access to the above applications and the BlackBerry Bridge category on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet requires you to have a Bluetooth connection to a BlackBerry smartphone, and that you have completed the BlackBerry Bridge setup wizard on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.
To pair or make a Bluetooth® connection to your BlackBerry smartphone via the BlackBerry Bridge setup wizard perform the following steps:
- On the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, navigate to and touch the Settings (Gear) icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- From the list on the left, touch the BlackBerry Bridge entry.
- Touch the Setup button.
- Optional: Enter a customized bluetooth name for your BlackBerry PlayBook.
- Touch the Next button.
- If you do not have the BlackBerry Bridge application present on your BlackBerry smartphone follow the instructions on the screen to install it.
- Touch the Continue button.
- Follow the instructions on the screen from within the BlackBerry Bridge application on your BlackBerry smartphone to either pair using the barcode method or manual method.
- Once this is complete swipe up from the bottom frame of the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet and confirm you have a BlackBerry Bridge category and that all icons are present.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.