- BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
- BlackBerry 10
- Video Chat
The Video Chat application provides seamless video and voice calling features between BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry 10 owners over a Wi-Fi connection. Leverage both front and rear camera's to share moments with picture-in-picture capabilities, manage users, and view recently missed calls.
To add a contact to Video Chat, please complete the following steps:
- Touch the Video Chat icon on the BlackBerry PlayBook.
- Touch the New Contact button.
- Enter the BlackBerry ID of the contact to be added.
- Enter a Display Name for the contact being added.
- Touch the Add Picture button to add a picture for the contact.
- To complete the wizard, touch one of the following.
- When finished adding contacts, click the Done button in the top left corner.
- To add another contact click the Add Another Contact button in the top right corner.
- To call the contact immediately with video, click the Video icon to the right of the BlackBerry ID Username.
- To call the contact immediately with audio only, click the Audio icon to the right of the Video icon.
For additional information on how to start a Video Chat from a BlackBerry 10 smartphone please see KB33601.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.