- BlackBerry® Style™ 9670 smartphone
BlackBerry® smartphone user tries to assign ringtones or notifier sounds and gets a message that the chosen ringtone or notifer is corrupt or invalid .
The media cache has been corrupted.
Use the following steps to clear the media cache and recreate it.
To clear the cache:
- Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to a workstation.
- View the content of the media card using Windows Explorer.
- Show hidden & system files.
- In each folder containing a media file (audio, video, picture, voicenote), there will be a file named BBThumbs.dat . That is the media cache file for that folder.
- Delete the BBThumbs.dat from each of the media folders.
To recreate the cache :
- Unplug the BlackBerry smartphone from the workstation.
- Open the media application.
Th e BlackBerry smartphone will parse all the content of the media card and recreate the cache file.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.