- BlackBerry® PlayBook™
To uninstall applications on the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet, complete the following steps:
- On the BlackBerry Playbook tablet, go to the All section of the home screen.
- Tap the BlackBerry App World icon.
- Tap the My World tab.
- Select Installed Applications.
- Click the Delete button next to the application.
Note: Applications can be reinstalled at any time by tapping on the Uninstalled section of this screen in the upper right, then tapping the Reinstall button next to the desired application.
- Choose the All tab on the Home Screen.
- Press and hold any icon to enter Edit mode.
- Tap the red trash can icon below the selected application.
Note: If the item being deleted is a shortcut (Twitter®, Hotmail®), a prompt to remove the shortcut is displayed. Otherwise, the application and its associated data is removed from the BlackBerry PlayBook.
Note: Certain applications cannot be deleted from the home screen and therefore the trash can icon will not be present.
Note: Certain applications will cause a small Tablet OS update to occur.
The BlackBerry PlayBook may also be restored to factory defaults, including the deletion of all downloaded applications, by doing a security wipe. This removes media files (pictures and videos), application data (bookmarks and documents) and all downloaded applications.
To perform a Security Wipe:
- Swipe down from the top frame of the home screen.
- Tap Security > Security Wipe.
- Enter blackberry to confirm the Security Wipe.
- Tap Wipe Data.
Note: Performing a security wipe will result in a loss of all data and cannot be undone.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.