- BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
- BlackBerry App World storefront
When attempting to download an application through BlackBerry App World on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, the following error is encountered.
Install Error: There was a problem during installation. Please try again.
This issue will occur when an account was previously logged into My World from BlackBerry App World 1.0 or 1.1 with a PayPal account and did not associate that account when creating a BlackBerry ID to use with BlackBerry App World 2.0.
Note: This issue will occur even if no purchases were made with the PayPal account in BlackBerry App World 1.0 or 1.1.
- From a computer, go to appworld.blackberry.com/webstore.
- In the upper right area of the BlackBerry App World site, click Sign In.
- At the sign in page, enter in the desired BlackBerry ID account information.
- Then continue with the account setup process.
- Complete steps 1 through 3 if required to do so.
Note: Step 2 of the BlackBerry App World setup process instructs to connect a BlackBerry smartphone. Currently, a BlackBerry PlayBook is not compatible with the web setup process so an active BlackBerry smartphone will be required to complete this.
- Once Step 3 is completed, click the Next button to continue.
- Click the I Agree button to accept the BlackBerry App World Terms and Conditions.
- One of the following 2 options will be presented:
a) If the email address used is detected to be associated to a PayPal account that made purchases in a previous version of BlackBerry App World, a screen will be presented requesting to transfer those purchases to the new BlackBerry ID. Click the Pay with PayPal button, then complete the requested steps to validate the account and transfer the previously purchased applications.
b) If no previous purchases are detected, select the method of payment to use when purchasing applications in BlackBerry App World, or select I do not wish to enter payment information at this time if continuing with no payment method selected. Click Next to continue.
Note: A payment source can be selected or changed at a later time. For more information on this, see KB23717 for BlackBerry smartphones or KB26621 for BlackBerry PlayBook.
- On the BlackBerry Account Confirmation screen, click Finish to complete the account setup.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.