- FaceBook® for BlackBerry® smartphones 18.104.22.168
- DT 1926316
On some occasions the Facebook® for BlackBerry® smartphones application is no longer updating news feeds even when a manual refresh a completed. BlackBerry® smartphone users that experience this behavior may not be able to view existing comments or other Facebook friends profiles.
This issue is resolved with Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones 22.214.171.124. Upgrade to the most recent version of Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones.
To upgrade Facebook on the BlackBerry smartphone follow the below steps:
- On the BlackBerry smartphone, open the browser and go to www.blackberry.com/facebook.
- Click Download.
- Select the language, click Next.
- Click Download.
- You will be prompted to replace the existing version on your BlackBerry smartphone.
- Download and installation begins.
- When completed, The application was successfully installed appears on the BlackBerry smartphone.
Clear the cache for the Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones application
- Open the Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones application
- Click the BlackBerry (Menu) Key
- Select and click Options
- Click the Clear Cache button
Clearing the cache will stop the Refreshing Feeds message on the news feeds however a hard reset maybe required in order for the news feeds to start updating. For instructions on how to do a reset on the BlackBerry smartphone see KB02141
Browse to the mobile Facebook site utilizing the BlackBerry Browser and view news feeds.
- Open the Browser
- Navigate to facebook.com
- Login utilizing your facebook credentials
BlackBerry smartphone user must be in BlackBerry data coverage and is able to utilize other data services for more information see KB02623
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.