- BlackBerry ID
Use the following steps to update the email address associated with your existing BlackBerry ID account from any web browser on a device or computer.
Note: Your new username must not already be associated to another BlackBerry ID.
- Visit http://www.blackberry.com/blackberryid.
- Under Already have a BlackBerry ID?, click Sign in.
- Enter your current username and password, and click Sign In.
- Next to Details, click Edit.
- Clear the Username field and enter the email address to use as your BlackBerry ID Username, then click Save. A confirmation email is sent to the email address.
Note: If you do not receive the email message, see KB28232.
- Open the email from firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: Confirm your BlackBerry® ID email address. In the message body, click confirm your email address.
- On the Confirm your BlackBerry ID screen, enter your BlackBerry ID password and click Submit.
- The message Thank you for confirming your BlackBerry ID is displayed and your new BlackBerry ID Username is now ready for use.
For steps to update the BlackBerry ID Username from the BlackBerry smartphone, see KB32514.
For steps to update the BlackBerry ID Username from the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, see KB31045.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.