- BlackBerry Desktop Software
- DT 1969063
- DT 5204139
Connecting a BlackBerry smartphone to a Windows® computer results in the following error:
Handheld Application Loader Wizard has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Selecting Don't Send does not shut down the BlackBerry Desktop Software. The BlackBerry Desktop Software will be able to perform all back up and restore functions as well as all synchronization functions.
All loader.exe functionality is lost including upgrading/reloading the BlackBerry device software and collecting all Support Logs.
Note: Prior to continuing refer to KB12487 to perform a back up of the BlackBerry® Smartphone.
To complete a BlackBerry Smartphone software reload or update complete the following steps.
1. Uninstall all BlackBerry software components from the PC. This would include BlackBerry Desktop Software, BlackBerry Device Software and BlackBerry software updater.
2. Confirm removal of the Apploader folder with in the follow directory.
- Microsoft Windows XP®: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\
- Microsoft Windows Vista®/7® 32 bit: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\
- Microsoft Windows Vista®/7® 64 bit: C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\
3. Install the latest BlackBerry® Smartphone software from the follow link.
4. Access Loader.exe from the corresponding directory from step 2 and continue with the device software installation.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.