- BlackBerry 7 to 7.1
- BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
- BlackBerry ID
If you do not remember the email address that was used as your BlackBerry ID Username, use the steps below to confirm which address is associated with your account:
On the BlackBerry 10 smartphone:
- On the home screen, swipe down and tap Settings > BlackBerry ID.
- The email will be listed in the BlackBerry ID Username field.
On the BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry 7 to 7.1:
- From the home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, go to Options > Device > BlackBerry ID
- The BlackBerry ID username will be displayed in the Username field.
On a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet:
- Navigate to the Options icon.
- Select BlackBerry ID.
- The BlackBerry ID Username will be displayed under BlackBerry ID Information.
On the Android device, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Windows Phone:
Note: This only applies if you have already setup BBM. Otherwise see steps below to complete via the web browser on your device.
- Open BBM.
- Tap the More button (3 dots) on the bottom-right.
- Tap Settings. On Windows Phone, also tap General.
- The email address will be displayed in the BlackBerry ID field.
From a web browser on a device or computer:
Note: These steps only confirm whether the Username is valid. They do not confirm that the BlackBerry ID account is in-use on your device.
- Visit http://www.blackberry.com/blackberryid.
- Click Reset your password.
- Enter the email address believed to be associated with the BlackBerry ID.
- Enter the verification code shown in the CAPTCHA image and click Submit.
- If the email is associated with a valid BlackBerry ID:
You will either be prompted with the password recovery question (if previously configured) or the following message will be displayed: A password reset email has been sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the email is not associated with a BlackBerry ID:
The following message will be displayed: Enter a valid BlackBerry ID username.
Note: If the BlackBerry ID password is also not known, open the password reset email and follow the provided steps (see KB28685).
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.