- BlackBerry App World™ for BlackBerry® smartphones 3.1
Gift requests for applications and subscriptions can be sent from BlackBerry App World™ to contacts in your BlackBerry® Messenger. To purchase an application for a gift request, complete the following:
- A Gift Request will be received in the form of a BBM™ chat from the contact requesting the gift
- Open the BBM chat and click View Gift Request
- This will then open the request in BlackBerry App World
Note: Opening a gift request requires BlackBerry App World 3.1 and higher. If this version is not installed, a prompt to upgrade will be presented
Note: If this is the first time to request/purchase a gift, you will be prompted to connect the application to BlackBerry Messenger (BBM). Click Connect to link BlackBerry App World to BlackBerry Messenger
- If prompted, enter in the BlackBerry® ID to verify authentication for purchases
- The application being requested will be presented, including the price, subscription length (if applicable), description, and the applications content rating. To complete the gift purchase, select Accept
- If prompted, enter in the BlackBerry ID to verify authentication for purchases
- A payment details screen will be presented with the price and payment method. Click Buy Gift to complete the transaction
- A successful purchase screen will be presented with a summary of the transaction. An email receipt will be sent to the purchasers BlackBerry ID email address. Click Done to send a notification to the gift requester that the purchase is complete
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.