- BlackBerry World
- BlackBerry ID
- BlackBerry 7
There are two scenarios whereby a BlackBerry smartphone user is unable to log into BlackBerry World with the BlackBerry ID when the SIM card has been removed from the smartphone.
- If the SIM card is removed from a smartphone where a BlackBerry ID has not been previously set up, then the option to skip the login to BlackBerry ID will be available.
- If the SIM card is removed from a smartphone where a BlackBerry ID has already been set up, then the option to skip the login to BlackBerry ID will not be available. The BlackBerry smartphone user will be required to log in with the last known BlackBerry ID credentials.
If the BlackBerry ID password has been forgotten but the answer to the password recovery question is known, select Forgot Password on the smartphone and answer the recovery question to generate a password reset email. Follow KB28685 to complete this process.
If the BlackBerry smartphone user knows the email address used for the BlackBerry ID login but is unable to remember the associated password then it is possible to reset the password using the steps below:
Note: If the BlackBerry ID account is not confirmed, it is necessary to provide the answer to the password recovery question as part of the web based password reset flow.
To see if a BlackBerry ID account is confirmed, log in to the BlackBerry ID account, select Account Details and locate the Email Status field. For instructions on confirming the BlackBerry ID account follow KB34137.
- Browse to the following URL using a desktop browser, the BlackBerry Browser on the BlackBerry smartphone, or the Browser on the BlackBerry PlayBook: http://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/recoverpassword
- Enter the BlackBerry ID Username (email address) and the CAPTCHA characters, then click Submit.
- Enter the Answer to the Password Recovery Question, then click OK.
Note: Answering the recovery question is only required if the BlackBerry ID account is not confirmed.
- A confirmation message will be displayed A password reset email has been sent to email@example.com, at which point, a reset email will be delivered to the associated email address inbox.
- Log in to the email account associated to the BlackBerry ID using the desktop browser, BlackBerry Browser on the smartphone, or the Browser on the BlackBerry PlayBook.
- Locate the password reset email and select the Change your BlackBerry ID password link.
Note: The BlackBerry ID reset email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. If the email is not found in the inbox, check the mailbox's Spam or Junk folder.
- When the password reset page loads, enter the Answer to the Password Recovery Question, enter the New Password, Confirm Password, then click Submit.
- A confirmation message will display once the changes have been saved successfully.
- Moving forward use the newly created password whenever logging into BlackBerry ID.
If the BlackBerry smartphone user does not know the email or password that was used for the BlackBerry ID, the BlackBerry ID will be locked out after 10 unsuccessful login attempts. See KB24157 for BlackBerry ID lockout behavior.
This is an additional security measure for lost or stolen BlackBerry smartphones and this feature is set by design.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.