- BlackBerry PlayBook
- BlackBerry Desktop Software
- Windows 7
- Windows XP
BlackBerry PlayBook shows connected in BlackBerry Desktop Software but it is not showing as a network drive from My Computer. BlackBerry Playbook is not mounting as network drive when connected to a PC.
The Volume is mounted but there could be antivirus/security software that is blocking accessibility to the network drive.
Manually access the network drive from the PC
- Go to the BlackBerry Device Properties. Right click on the BlackBerry Device Manager located in the system tray near the time display and select Properties.
- Click on the connected Device Tab, expand Device:BlackBerry PlayBook, note down IPV4 expand Volumes, note down volume(this may be a Y or a Z)
- From the computer, Select the Start menu and select Run and type z: or y: depending on what is showing under volume, if unable to launch network drive, go back to the Start menu and select Run and type \\169.254.XXX.XX or the IPV4.
- Select Media, this should display folders that are on the Blackberry PlayBook
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.