- BlackBerry® Bridge™ for BlackBerry smartphones
- BlackBerry® PlayBook™ OS 2.0
Unread message counts are displayed on the top left corner of the status bar on the homescreen of the BlackBerry® PlayBook™.
The unread messages counts for a connected BlackBerry smartphone using BlackBerry® Bridge™ compared to the unread message count for the native email client can differ for one or more of the following reasons:
- The amount of synchronized email in the native email client on the BlackBerry PlayBook
- The BlackBerry Bridge client unread messages count can be different if other mail folders are enabled for folder redirection on the BlackBerry smartphone
- The BlackBerry PlayBook native mail client unread message count can be different if additional folders that contain unread messages are refreshed and synchronize on the BlackBerry PlayBook
- The difference in integrated accounts on either the BlackBerry smartphone or the native email client (one device may have some of the same or more email accounts integrated)
See KB29846 - Mail folders in the PlayBook native mail client appear empty or out of date until refreshed manually for instructions on how to synchronize messages in mail folders from the native email client on the BlackBerry Playbook
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.