- BlackBerry® PlayBook
- BlackBerry® Desktop Software
First, to identify the issue, open the Windows Device Manager and right click on the Research In Motion Network Device and choose properties. Under the General tab of the Research In Motion Network Device Properties window, the follow error message may appear The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28).
For assistance on how to locate the Research In Motion Network Device in the Windows Device Manager, refer to KB27679
If this error message does appear, follow the next steps:
- Click on the Driver tab
- Choose Update Driver
- Choose Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)
- Choose Don't search. I will choose the driver to install.
There are 2 different screen that may appear next
- There may be a list of different Research In Motion Network Device drivers listed to choose from. If so, choose the one with the most recent date and choose next to install the driver
- The the above option does not appear, there may be a list of different vendors appearing on the right hand side. If so, choose Research In Motion and then choose the most recent version of the Research In Motion Network Device on the left hand side. Then choose next to install the driver.
After the driver has been installed click on Finish. Click on the General tab of the Research In Motion Network Device and Error Code 28 should be replaced by a message stating The Device is working properly
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.