- BlackBerry App World™
- BlackBerry® PlayBook™
- DT 2744521 (PR 133774)
- Navigate to to PlayBook Settings Menu.
- Scroll down to Date and Time.
- Switch OFF Set Date and Time Automatically if switched ON.
- Under Date select the year which will display as 2012 and change it to 2014 (Note: If any email accounts are currently configured to the Native Email Client a prompt to Verify the Certificate will be displayed, Select Decline on all prompts until you are able to see the date again with 2014 at the end.).
- Conduct a Hard Reset of the BlackBerry PlayBook by holding down the Power Key for 20 seconds.
- Switch the PlayBook back on again and navigate back to the Date and Time option in the BlackBerry PlayBook Settings Menu and switch Set Date and Time Automatically to ON
- Scroll up to BlackBerry ID, where BlackBerry ID Information should now display details.
- Navigate to BlackBerry App World™ and attempt to download an application of choice.
- Any Verify the Certificate prompts that appear during this process, Always Decline until the actual Date and Time is confirmed after this process, as this may cause additional problem at a later date.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.