- BlackBerry App World™ for BlackBerry® smartphones
1. Go to http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore from the browser on the PC or Mac.
2. Install the BlackBerry App World plug-in. See KB28715 for additional information.
3. Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer using a USB cable.
4. You will be presented with the prompt Newer BlackBerry App World Version Required. To access the BlackBerry App World on the desktop, you must upgrade the version currently installed on your device. Would you like to upgrade now?. Click the Install button to continue.
5. Click the Begin Sync button to start the install.
6. You will be presented with the prompt Device Restart Required. Your device will be restarted after your BlackBerry App World sync is completed. Click the Agree button. A progress bar showing the status of the install will be displayed. Once the install is complete, the BlackBerry will reboot and the BlackBerry App World application will now be updated on the BlackBerry once the reboot completes.
The BlackBerry App World webstore can be accessed from the following links:
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.