- BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 SP3 for Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 SP2
- DT 2418450
After upgrading from BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 SP2 to SP3, the BlackBerry MDS Connection Service will not start and the error below is displayed:
Error: 1067. The process terminated unexpectedly
The Windows Event Viewer Application logs will also show the following two events in reference to this failure:
Log Name: Application
Date: 8/23/2011 7:37:50 AM
Event ID: 0
Task Category: None
The description for Event ID 0 from source BMDS cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
The following information was included with the event:
Service could start up the JVM C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_18\bin\client\jvm.dll
[EN= 126] [EMSG= 桔灳捥晩敩潭畤敬挠畯摬渠瑯戠潦湵(error code = 126)] [SRC=尮潳牵散橜癡獡牥敶c][LINE=444]
Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 23/08/2011 7:36:50 AM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Faulting application bmds.exe, version 188.8.131.52, time stamp 0x4e138e12, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.1.7601.17514, time stamp 0x4ce7ba58, exception code 0xc0000374, fault offset 0x000ce653, process id 0x1450, application start time 0x01cc6188f299b3d8."
Enable Compatibility Mode for Windows Server 2003 SP1:
- Under the installation folder for the BlackBerry MDS Connection Service, right-click the bmds.exe file and click on Properties.
Note: The default location is <drive:>\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\MDS\bin
- Under the Compatibility tab, select the Run this program in compatibility mode for: check box and select Windows Server 2003 (Service Pack 1).
- Click OK and start the BlackBerry MDS Connection Service.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.