- BlackBerry App World for BlackBerry smartphones
- BlackBerry App World for BlackBerry PlayBook
When associating a PayPal account to the BlackBerry App World storefront payment options, an agreement must be accepted with PayPal to grant PayPal permission to complete charges with Research In Motion on your behalf. This agreement is presented once the PayPal account information has been verified through the BlackBerry App World payment options. This agreement is valid for 1 year after the date it is accepted.
When the 1 year agreement is close to expiring, PayPal will send the following reminder email advising the expiration date is close:
Subject: Your preapproved payments plan is expiring soon
Hello <Customer Name>,
Your preapproved payments plan Research In Motion:PA-6JM61xxxxxxx23411D will expire on Month DD, YYYY. To renew this plan, please contact Research In Motion and sign up for more preapproved payments with them.
Business: Research In Motion
Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.
To receive email notifications in plain text instead of HTML, update your preferences.
Copyright © 1999-2012 PayPal. All rights reserved.
PayPal Email ID PP9999
Regenerate the payment preapproval keys. This can be done from the App World client on the BlackBerry PlayBook, the App World client on the BlackBerry smartphone or from the BlackBerry App World webstore.
From App World on the PlayBook:
- Open App World
- Swipe down from the top bezel
- Tap Payment Options
- Tap PayPal
- Tap Modify and enter PayPal email and password
- Tap Authenticate
From App World on the BlackBerry Smartphone:
- Open App World
- Open My Account
- Select Payment Option
- Login using BlackBerry ID
- Select PayPal
- Select Next
- When prompted enter PayPal email and password
- Select I Agree
From the BlackBerry Webstore:
- In a web browser go to https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore
- Click Sign In (in the top right of the page)
- Enter your BlackBerry ID username and password
- Click Sign In
- Once logged in click My Payment Options (in the top right)
- Under Current Payment Option Selected click Modify
- Click Pay with PayPal
- Once redirected to the PayPal website, login using your existing PayPal account with the appropriate email and password
- Click Approve
Note: Using any of the above methods you should receive an email from PayPal confirming you have signed up for preapproved payments plan.
For more information on Preapproved Payments with PayPal, review the PayPal User Agreement from the PayPal Legal Agreements site which can be found here:
Note: Select the country the PayPal account originated in from the drop down list to view the agreements specific to that locale.
To review or cancel the preapproved payment agreement from the PayPal account, complete the following:
- In a web browser, go to www.paypal.com
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click Profile near the top of the page.
- Click My money under My Profile.
- Next to My preapproved payments, select Update
- Click the agreements you want to view in the My preapproved payments section
Note: If the agreement is not listed, click the following link on the My preapproved payments page:
'Can't find what you need? Try the preapproved payment plans page.'
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.