- BlackBerry ID
- BlackBerry 10 OS
- BlackBerry 7 to 7.1
Use the following steps to update the email address associated with your existing BlackBerry ID account.
From the BlackBerry 10 smartphone:
- On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap Settings.
- Tap BlackBerry ID.
- Tap the edit Edit button.
- Clear the BlackBerry ID Username field and enter the email address to use as your BlackBerry ID Username.
- On all-touch devices, press and hold the space bar to hide the keyboard.
- Tap the Submit button.
- Read the confirmation message, and tap Continue.
- Enter your BlackBerry ID password and tap OK to complete the change.
- A prompt is displayed to confirm that the change was successful. Tap OK to return to the BlackBerry ID settings screen.
From the BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry 7 to 7.1:
- From the home screen, select Options > Device > BlackBerry ID.
- Clear the Username field and enter the email address to use as your BlackBerry ID Username.
- Press the Menu key and select Save.
- Enter your BlackBerry ID password and select OK to complete the change.
- A message will display to confirm the change was successful.
For steps to update the BlackBerry ID Username from a web browser, see KB28060.
For steps to update the BlackBerry ID Username from the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, see KB31045.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.