- BlackBerry 10
- BlackBerry ID
- BlackBerry OS 7 and 7.1
Follow these steps to change your BlackBerry ID username.
From a BlackBerry 10 smartphone:
- Swipe down from the homescreen and select Settings
- Scroll down and tap BlackBerry ID
- Tap Edit
- Tap within the BlackBerry ID Username field and remove the current email address
- Type the new email address and press and hold the space bar to hide the keyboard
- Tap Submit and Continue when prompted
- Enter your current BlackBerry ID password and tap OK to complete the change
- Tap OK to return to BlackBerry ID settings
From a BlackBerry OS 7 and 7.1 smartphone:
- From the smartphone access - Options - Device - BlackBerry ID
- Remove the current Username (email address) that is displayed and replace it with the Username you want to use
- Select the BlackBerry menu key and select Save
- Enter your BlackBerry ID password and select OK to complete the change
- You will receive a confirmation prompt displaying: Your BlackBerry ID account has been updated
NOTE: Moving forward please use the new email address when signing into BlackBerry ID.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.