- BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 version 10.0 to 10.2.2
- BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.1 and later
- BlackBerry 10 OS
To register a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry 10 smartphone on Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, an email profile needs to be assigned to an account on the BlackBerry Device Service.
Email profile settings required by messaging server
|Microsoft Exchange||IBM Domino||Novell GroupWise|
|Account name||Not Required||Not Required||Not Required|
|Domain||Required||Do not use||Do not use|
To create the email profile:
- Open the BlackBerry Administration console for BlackBerry Device Service.
- Expand Email profiles under BlackBerry Solution management.
- Select Create an Email Profile.
- Enter the name and description for the Email profile.
- Select ActiveSync under Type.
- Save the profile.
- Select Manage email profiles under Email profiles.
- Select the profile and click Edit profile.
- Go to the Email profile settings tab and enter the FQDN of mail server/ CAS array under Server name.
Note: When entering the FQDN of the mail server / CAS array (public or private facing when using BES10 version 10.1.1) , use the host name (for example: mail.example.com ). Do not use the ActiveSync URL.
For Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, enter FQDN of CAS array.
For Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, enter FQDN of Exchange server. If there is more than one Microsoft Exchange Server in the environment, a separate profile needs to be created for each Microsoft Exchange Server.
For Novell GroupWise, ensure a Novel Data Synchronization server is installed in the environment (not installed by default) and use the the FQDN of the Novell DataSync server.
For IBM Lotus Domino, use one of the following:
- Lotus Notes Traveler 8.5.x: <FQDN of Traveler server>/servlet/traveler
- Lotus Notes Traveler 8.5.x Upgrade Pack and 9.0: <FQDN of Traveler server>/traveler
To associate the email profile to a user:
Option 1 - Associate Email profile while creating user:
- Click on Create a user.
- Search for account using Email Address or Messaging server display name and select the account.
- Select Email profile from the drop-down under Email profile name.
- Select the user.
- Go to Email profiles tab
- Click Edit user and associate Email profile.
During wireless activation, the user will be prompted to set a password for the work space. There will be a separate icon created for the work space on the BlackBerry PlayBook.
Note: The following are the minimum required role permissions to assign Email profiles to users.
- View a user
- Edit a user
- View a device
- Add or remove to user configuration
- View an email profile
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.