- BlackBerry Device Service 6.0 to 6.2
To perform a clean uninstall of the BlackBerry Device Service complete the following two tasks:
- Remove the BlackBerry Device Service and the Research In Motion Folders.
- Remove the Research In Motion registry entries.
- Log in to the BlackBerry Device Service using the BlackBerry Device Service service account.
- Click Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Services.
- Stop all BlackBerry Device Service services by clicking Stop Service for each service.
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel.
- Double-click Uninstall a program.
- Click BlackBerry Device Service and click Remove.
Note: If the Remove option does not exist, select Change to launch the installer and then select Remove.
- Delete the Research In Motion folder located in the C:\Program Files (x86) directory.
- Delete the Research In Motion folder located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files directory.
To remove the Research In Motion registry entries, complete the following steps:
Warning: The following procedure involves modifying the computer registry. This can cause substantial damage to the Windows operating system. Document and back up the registry entries prior to implementing any changes.
Note: Some of these registry entries may not be present on the computer.
- Click Start > Run. Type regedit, and click OK.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432nodeand delete the Research In Motion registry key.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services and delete any registry keys starting with BAS,BES,EMWS or BlackBerry.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ControlSet001\Services and delete any registry keys starting with BAS, BES,EMWS or BlackBerry.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ControlSet002\Services and delete any registry keys starting with BAS, BES,EMWS or BlackBerry.
- Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products.
- Individually select each registry key under Products. As each registry key is selected, look in the right pane for the ProductName entry. If the entry value is BlackBerry Device Service, delete the selected registry key folder and any subfolders.
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software and delete the Research In Motion registry key.
- Go to HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Research In Motion\ and delete this registry key.
- Restart the computer.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.