- BlackBerry 10 OS
On the BlackBerry 10 smartphone running BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.0.10.X, after entering an existing BlackBerry (hosted) email address and password, the screen will automatically redirect to a forwarding page.
BlackBerry email addresses are typically in the format user@<serviceprovider>.blackberry.com or user@<serviceprovider>.blackberry.net. When a BlackBerry email address is moved to a BlackBerry 10 smartphone, email messages from the BlackBerry email address can be forwarded to the new email address for a period of one year.
Note: The one year period of email forwarding cannot be extended.
An automated email message will be sent to the BlackBerry (hosted) email address at the following intervals reminding customers the one year expiration is approaching:
- 30 days prior to the expiration of their forwarding service
- 7 days prior to the expiration of their forwarding service
- 1 day prior to the expiration of their forwarding service
When using a BlackBerry email address as the BlackBerry ID username, it is strongly recommended to log in and change the BlackBerry ID username to the alternate email address (the address to which messages have now been forwarded).
Follow the Resolution below to configure forwarding and to change the BlackBerry ID username.
If the BlackBerry 10 smartphone is running BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.0.10.X, complete these steps to configure forwarding:
- Swipe down from the home screen and select Settings
- Scroll down and tap Accounts
- From the bottom menu tap Add Account
- Tap Email, Calendar and Contacts
- Enter your email address in the Email Address field and tap Next
- Enter your password in the Password field and tap Next
- Start with step 2 in the below steps to configure forwarding
Use the list below to locate the specific service provider web page and then follow these steps to configure forwarding:
- Navigate to the Forwarding web page
- In the Email Address field, type the BlackBerry email address
- In the Password field type the BlackBerry email address password
- In the Forwarding Email Address field type the email address to which email messages sent to the BlackBerry email address will be forwarded to
- In the Confirm Forwarding Email Address field, retype the forwarding email address
- Click Next
- Close the browser
Note: Once the forwarding rule is created, it can take 5 - 15 minutes before email starts to forward to the new email address.
Once forwarding has been configured all forwarded emails will conform to the following rules:
When receiving a forwarded email message:
- The From: field will be the email address of the original sender. i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org
- The To: field will be the BlackBerry (hosted) email address to which it was sent. i.e. email@example.com
When replying to a forwarded email message:
- The From: field will be the email address to which the forward was enabled. i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org
- The To: field will be the email address of the original sender. i.e. email@example.com
- Rogers - https://rogers.blackberry.com/html/hosted
- Fido - https://fido.blackberry.com/html/hosted
- Bell - https://bell.blackberry.com/html/hosted
- Telus - https://telus.blackberry.com/html/hosted
- Virgin Mobile - https://virginmobile.blackberry.com/html/hosted
- Koodo Mobile - https://koodomobile.blackberry.com/html/hosted
- Sasktel - https://mobility.blackberry.com/html/hosted
- AT&T - https://att.blackberry.com/html/hosted
- T-Mobile US - https://tmobile.blackberry.com/html/hosted
- Verizon – https://vzw.blackberry.com/html/hosted
Europe, the Middle East and Africa
- Everything Everywhere - https://ee.blackberry.com/html/hosted
- Vodafone UK - https://vodauk.blackberry.com/html/hosted
- Vodafone Germany - https://vodade.blackberry.com/html/hosted
- Vodafone Qatar - https://vodaqa.blackberry.com/html/hosted
- 3UK - https://3uk.blackberry.com/html/hosted
- Etisalat - https://etisalat.blackberry.com/html/hosted
- Du - https://du.blackberry.com/html/hosted
- STC - https://aljawal.blackberry.com/html/hosted
- Mobily - https://mobily.blackberry.com/html/hosted
- Qatar - Qtel https://qtel.blackberry.com/html/hosted
- MTN South Africa - https://mtn.blackberry.com/html/hosted
- MTN Nigeria - https://mtnnigeria.blackberry.com/html/hosted
- Vodacom South Africa - https://vodaza.blackberry.com/html/hosted
- Kuwait-Wataniya - https://wataniya.blackberry.com/html/hosted
- Zain Bahrain - https://vodabh.blackberry.com/html/hosted
- Zain Saudi - https://zainsa.blackberry.com/html/hosted
- Zain Nigeria - https://celtelng.blackberry.com/html/hosted
- O2 UK - https://o2mailuk.blackberry.com/html/hosted
- Globacom Nigeria - https://gloworld.blackberry.com/html/hosted
- Viva (KTC) - https://viva.blackberry.com/html/hosted
- T-Mobile UK - https://tmobileuk.blackberry.com/html/hosted
- Orange UK - https://orangeuk.blackberry.com/html/hosted
- BT - https://bt.blackberry.com/html/hosted
Follow these steps to change the BlackBerry ID username via the BlackBerry 10 smartphone
- Swipe down from the home screen and select Settings.
- Scroll down and select BlackBerry ID.
- Select Edit.
- Tap within the BlackBerry ID Username field and remove the current email address.
- Type the new email address and press and hold the space bar to hide the keyboard.
- Tap Submit and Continue when prompted.
- Enter your current BlackBerry ID password and tap OK to complete the change.
- Tap OK to return to BlackBerry ID settings.
Alternatively your BlackBerry ID username can be changed via the BlackBerry ID website
- Visit www.blackberry.com/blackberryid from a PC or the BlackBerry Browser.
- Click Log in.
- Enter the BlackBerry ID Username (email address) and password, then click Sign In.
- Click Account Details.
- Next to Details, click Edit.
- Remove the current Username (email address) that is displayed and replace it with the Username you want to use, then click Save.
- Click Done to exit from the BlackBerry ID account information screen.
Note: Moving forward please use the new email address when signing into BlackBerry ID.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.