- BlackBerry 10 OS
On the BlackBerry 10 smartphone running BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.0.10.x and later, after entering an existing BlackBerry email address (typically in the format email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) and password, the screen will automatically redirect to an email forwarding configuration page.
Email messages sent to the BlackBerry email address can be forwarded, to an alternate email address which can be configured on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Important: If the BlackBerry email address is being used as the BlackBerry ID Username, it is strongly recommended to change the BlackBerry ID Username to the alternate email address.
Follow the steps below to configure the forwarding rule and to change the BlackBerry ID Username.
Configure forwarding of the BlackBerry email address
To configure forwarding on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone, complete the following steps:
- Swipe down from the home screen and select Settings > Accounts.
- Tap the Add Account button.
- Tap Email, Calendar and Contacts.
- Enter the BlackBerry email address in the Email Address field and tap Next.
- Enter the BlackBerry email address password in the Password field and tap Next.
NOTE: After successfully entering the BlackBerry email address and password you will be re-directed to the Email Forwarding page
Follow these steps to complete the setup process:
- Confirm the BlackBerry email address In the Email Address field.
- Type the BlackBerry email address password in the Password field.
NOTE: If the password is not known please contact BlackBerry Technical Support Services for assistance and refrence this KB article (KB33260)
- Type the alternate email address to which email messages will be forwarded to in the Forwarding Email Address field.
- Re-type the alternate email address in the Confirm Forwarding Email Address field.
- Click Next.
- A confirmation will display once the forwarding rule has been created: Your email will be forwarded to email@example.com
Once the forwarding rule is created, it can take 5 to 15 minutes before email starts to forward to the alternate email address.
Change the BlackBerry ID username
To change the BlackBerry ID Username on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone, complete the following steps:
- Swipe down on the home screen and tap Settings > BlackBerry ID > Edit.
- Tap the BlackBerry ID Username field
- Delete the BlackBerry email address and type the new email address.
- Press and hold the space bar to hide the keyboard.
- Tap Submit and then Continue when prompted.
- Enter the current BlackBerry ID password and tap OK to complete the change.
- Tap OK to return to BlackBerry ID settings screen.
To change the BlackBerry ID Username on the BlackBerry ID website, complete the following steps:
- Visit www.blackberry.com/blackberryid from a PC or the BlackBerry Browser.
- Under the Already have a BlackBerry ID? heading, click Sign in.
- Enter the BlackBerry ID Username and Password and click Sign In.
- Click Account Details.
- Next to Details, click Edit.
- Remove the current Username that is displayed and replace it with the alternate email address.
- Click Save and Done.
Going forward, use the new email address as the Username when signing into any services which use BlackBerry ID.
All forwarded emails will conform to the following rules:
- When receiving a forwarded email message:
- The From field will be the email address of the original sender (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The To field will be the BlackBerry email address to which it was sent (for example, email@example.com).
- When replying to a forwarded email message:
- The From field will be the email address to which the BlackBerry email was forwarded to (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The To field will be the email address of the original sender (for example, email@example.com).
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.