- BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.0.9.2372
- BlackBerry Link 1.0
- PR 269262
Please upgrade to the latest version of BlackBerry Link and then perform the following steps. To download available updates and to stay up-to-date on release dates, please visit blackberry.com/blackberrylink.
- Open BlackBerry Link.
- Connect the BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
- Select Settings.
- Select Reload under Reload Device Software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
At this time, this workaround is only available on PCs running Windows.
To recover the BlackBerry 10 smartphone complete the following steps:
Note: These steps should only be used as a workaround for BlackBerry smartphones that have had a security wipe interrupted.
- Shutdown BlackBerry Link (and BlackBerry Desktop Software if installed).
- Detach all BlackBerry smartphones, including the BlackBerry 10 smartphone that cannot be booted up.
- Using Internet Explorer navigate to http://www.BlackBerry.com/updates, scroll down the page and select the Check for Updates button.
- Connect the BlackBerry 10 smartphone that cannot be booted up.
- Hold the power button for 10 seconds until it turns off, then press the power button again so it turns on. A prompt will appear and the BlackBerry smartphone will show in the drop down list shortly after the LED lights up as red (it could show up as USB: UNKNOWN or USB: BlackBerry (PIN) – both are normal/fine). Click the OK Button as soon as it becomes enabled. NOTE: there is only 15 seconds to do this.
Note: Once the above steps are completed successfully a dialog will be displayed stating Checking for BlackBerry Device Software updates.
- The BlackBerry 10 smartphone will now power itself off after 120 seconds. Shortly after the 120 seconds, the BlackBerry smartphone LED should turn green. Continue to wait after the LED turns green and you will be prompted to install BlackBerry Device Software. Follow the prompts to install the BlackBerry Software and once the installation is complete the smartphone will boot up and is now recovered.
Note: If neither BlackBerry Link nor BlackBerry Desktop Software is installed please start at Step 2.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.