- BlackBerry 10 OS
- BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10
- Microsoft Office 365
Follow the steps below to add a Microsoft Office 365 account to a BlackBerry 10 smartphone:
On the BlackBerry 10 navigate to the Settings menu.
Within the Settings menu select Accounts.
Click the Add Account option on the bottom of the screen.
Click on Email, Calendar and Contacts option.
Type in the Microsoft Office 365 email address and click next.
Type in the Microsoft Office 365 user's password (Note: this is the password used by the Microsoft user to login to Microsoft Office 365).
For adding the account via the advanced method follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Select Accounts from the list.
- Tap on Add Account on the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on Advanced on the bottom of the screen.
- Select Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync option
- Type in the Microsoft Office 365 email address for the Username field.
- Type in the Microsoft Office 365 email address for the Email Address field.
- Type in m.outlook.com for the server address field. (Note: See Additional Information section regarding the server address)
For adding the account via the BlackBerry Device Service follow the steps below:
- Log in to the BlackBerry Device Service console.
- Select Profiles under BlackBerry Solution Management.
- Click Create an email profile.
- Enter an appropriate name and select Active Sync for the type.
- Type in outlook.office365.com for the server address field. (Note: See Additional Information section regarding the server address)
- Click Save.
- Click on Manage users.
- Click on the BlackBerry smartphone user account.
- Select the Email profiles tab.
- Select Edit user.
- Click the drop-down box and select the correct email profile.
- Change the Override Microsoft Active Directory settings drop-down box to Yes.
- Input the user's User Principal Name (UPN) in the Account name, Email address, and Username fields.
- Clear the Domain field.
- Click Save all.
- Set an activation password and inform the user to enroll the BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Note: When using BlackBerry Device Service, all Microsoft ActiveSync traffic will travel from the BlackBerry to the BlackBerry Device Service over port 3101 and from the BlackBerry Device Service to Microsoft Office 365 using SSL port 443. Ensure that port 443 is opened on the BlackBerry Device Service for external traffic to Microsoft Office 365.
Adding the account via the Universal Device Service follow the steps below:
Use Customer Variables
1. Search for a user account.
2. In the search results, click the name of a user account.
3. Click the edit icon.
4. Expand Custom Variables.
5. In the Custom variable 1 field, type the user's ActiveSync username (email address). Click Save.
6. When you create a Microsoft ActiveSync profile, type %Custom1% in the username field.
The Server Address for Office 365 is outlook.office365.com. For the previous version of Office 365, the server address was m.outlook.com.
If outlook.office365.com does not work as the Server Address, then have the Microsoft Office 365 user complete the following:
- Log in to Microsoft Office 365 and click Options in the top-right corner.
- Select See All Options.
- Click on the My Account tab.
- Click Settings for POP, IMAP and SMTP Access.
- On the page that opens, under External POP setting, collect the server name listed. Note: The server name listed under External POP setting is the same name that can be used as the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync server name.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.