- BlackBerry 10 smartphones
- BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10
- DT 6125083
A Work perimeter password created manually after BlackBerry Device Service enrollment or during enrollment as a result of the Password Required for Work Space IT policy rule being set to Yes, cannot be removed even if the assigned IT policy has been changed so that no password is required.
Remove the work perimeter and re-enroll the BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the BlackBerry Device Service.
To remove the Work perimeter from the BlackBerry 10 smartphone, complete the following steps:
Note: This will remove all data and applications stored in the work perimeter. Be sure to back up any data that will not be restored during the enrollment process.
- From the home screen, swipe down from the top bezel and select Settings.
- Select BlackBerry Balance.
- Select Delete at the bottom of the screen.
- Type blackberry and select OK to confirm the action.
- Once the Work perimeter data has been removed, restart to complete the process by holding down the power button and selecting the Restart icon.
Once these steps have been completed, confirm that the assigned IT policy has the Password Required for Work Space IT policy rule set to No, then re-activate the device on the BlackBerry Device Service. For more information regarding this process, refer to the BlackBerry Device Service Administration Guide under the "Activating and Managing Devices" section, at docs.blackberry.com.
The default setting for the Password Required for Work Space IT policy rule is Yes.
For more information on BlackBerry Device Service IT policies, refer to the Policy and Profile Reference Guide located at docs.blackberry.com.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.