- BlackBerry smartphones
- BlackBerry 10 OS
- BlackBerry 7 to 7.1
Call Blocking is a feature available on BlackBerry smartphones, but is not exclusive to BlackBerry. This feature allows configuration options to stop certain types of calls (both incoming and outgoing).
Support for call blocking is provided by the wireless service provider for the SIM card which is in use in the smartphone.
To access the Call Blocking feature, complete the following steps:
For BlackBerry 10 OS:
- Open the Phone application.
- Swipe down from the top bezel.
- Select Settings > Call Blocking.
- At this point, a brief delay occurs while the smartphone contacts the service provider for the current call blocking configuration for the SIM card. While this is happening, a Loading... message is displayed.
For BlackBerry 7 to 7.1:
- Open the Options application.
- Select Call Management > Call Blocking
- At this point, the smartphone contacts the service provider for the current call blocking configuration for the SIM card. While this is happening, a Querying call blocking parameters from the network message is displayed along with a Please wait... progress bar.
If Call Blocking is supported by the service provider, then options for certain types of calls will be available. Upon attempting to change any of these options, a prompt for a password is displayed. This password is initially set to a default value for the specific service provider. Contact the service provider to confirm the default password.
If Call Blocking is not supported by the service provider, then these options will not be displayed. On a BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry 7.0 and 7.1, the message Blocking not available. Contact your wireless service provider for assistance is displayed.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.