- BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 version 10.1
The BlackBerry 10 smartphone will not activate and displays the following error:
Activation can’t be completed. Check that you are connected to a network or contact your administrator for assistance.
BAS-AS Logs will show:
com.rim.bes.bas.windowsaccess.windowshttpaccessor.WindowsHTTPAccessorException: Nested exception: 'WinHTTP exception occurred in function: JWinHTTP::_getResultFile, Url: https://license.blackberry.com:443/DeviceServices, Error: 12030 - Unknown error. [ GetResultFile WinHttpReceiveResponse returned no results]'
EMWS service cannot be reached.
Change the hostname of the BlackBerry Administration Service Pool to a Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) using the steps below:
On the server that hosts the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Core Services:
- Navigate to Start > All Programs > BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 > Configuration Tool for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10
- Click on the BlackBerry Administration Service Pool tab.
- Remove the hostname configured in the Pool name field.
- Replace the hostname with the FQDN of the BlackBerry Administration Service Pool.
- Restart EMWS service.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.