- BlackBerry 10 smartphones
- JI 420586
When attempting to open attachments within an email on a BlackBerry 10 smartphone, the following error is presented:
Cannot create a temp file for the specified attachment
This is a previously reported issue that is being investigated by our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.
Backup the BlackBerry 10 smartphone data, perform a reload of the BlackBerry smartphone software, restore device data:
- Backup the BlackBerry 10 smartphone using BlackBerry Link. For instructions, see KB33526.
- Perform a device software reload of the BlackBerry 10 smartphone:
- Open BlackBerry Link.
- Connect the smartphone using the micro USB cable.
- At the bottom of the BlackBerry Link window, click the Computer tab.
- From the top right of the BlackBerry Link window, click on the gear icon to open Settings.
- Under Reload Device Software, select Reload.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Restore the BlackBerry device data created during the backup process in Step 1.
Perform a BlackBerry device software update if one is available. To do so, navigate to Settings > Software Updates, and perform a Check for Updates. Complete the update.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.