- BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 version 10.1 and 10.1.1
- iOS devices
- Android devices
If during the installation of BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10, the BlackBerry Administration Service, BlackBerry Mobile Device Management Console service, and BlackBerry Licensing Service are installed on a separate computer, then during iOS device and Android device enrollment (after providing username and activation password) the following error message is displayed:
Code 2009: You cannot activate your device at this time because there are insufficient device licenses. Please contact your administrator.
The BES10 Core Module log displays the following:
Line 69859: ERROR,"2013-07-16 14:46:35,555",23,0,"ae1e060d-fa42-4a3f-80b2-d3a15483e7e6","An error occurred contacting the Licensing server. Response code = GatewayTimeout, error = Gateway Timeout",
Line 69866: ERROR,"2013-07-16 14:46:35,555",23,0,"ae1e060d-fa42-4a3f-80b2-d3a15483e7e6","User CheckActivation : The maximum number of activation licenses has been reached.",
The BES10 Communication Module log displays the following:
ERROR,"2013-07-16 14:46:35,072",7,0,"752ee86f-d882-4f26-824e-86a7afc735b6","BaseClient.UpdateResource error.
,Message: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
,TargetSite: "System.Net.WebResponse GetResponse()"
,StackTrace: at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
, at RIM.BUDS.Core.Client.BaseClient.UpdateResource(String uriTemplate, IDictionary`2 filter, Object message) in c:\ec_build\1130696\BUDSServer\source\enterprise\BUDS\Server\Sources\RIM.BUDS.Core.Client\BaseClient.cs:line 608
WARN,"2013-07-16 14:46:35,136",7,0,"752ee86f-d882-4f26-824e-86a7afc735b6","Your device cannot be activated because the maximum number of licenses was reached. Please contact your administrator.",
DEBUG,"2013-07-16 14:46:35,318",7,1125,"752ee86f-d882-4f26-824e-86a7afc735b6","HTTP Request Completed: https://us.bbsecure.com:33443/s00000000/enrol",
INFO,"2013-07-16 15:00:27,359",19,0,"d455864e-cd61-4f86-a369-9cb8e8c2b5f4","Certificate with key 'b9291514a5cc586accd9750aa86532c05b1d61d6' is loaded successfully",
On both BES10 core service server and BES10 administration console server, complete the following:
- Open Internet Options from within a Microsoft Internet Explorer browser window or click Start > Control Panel > Internet Options.
- Open Connections tab and click on the LAN Settings button.
- Check the option Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).
- Type in the proxy server FQDN in the Address field and port number in the Port field (Obtain this information from the network administrator).
- Check the option to Bypass proxy server for local addresses.
- Click on the Advanced button and check the option for Use the same proxy server for all protocols.
- In the Exceptions, type in all DNS name and IP addresses by using wildcard character to avoid internal network traffic to go to proxy server. For example, *.domain.com; 192.168.*.*;localhost;localhost.*;127.0.0.1
- Click OK to close the Internet Options window and wait for couple minutes to have the server refresh the cache.
Note: Make sure the proxy server settings are correctly specified in the BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 Universal Device Service console under Settings > HTTP or HTTP Proxy to allow the network traffic from the Internet to reach the destination.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.