- BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 SP1 to SP2
- BlackBerry Management Studio
Licenses are unable to be activated from the BlackBerry Management Studio Licenses tab with the error message The license activation ID could not be verified with the licensing infrastructure.
The following log lines may appear in the FNE log:
Info : [14/Sep/2013:18:06:24 -0400] FNE Server starting.
Error : [14/Sep/2013:18:06:25 -0400] Trusted Storage license source create failed - FNE Error 0x7000003f (System machine type does not match expected machine type.). Details [1,5,0,0[7000003F,0,4500B9]].
Note: No Host ID is displayed when logging into the BlackBerry Management Studio and selecting the Licenses tab > Activate Licenses > Host ID.
The issue is caused by migrating a physical server to a virtual machine using third-party migration tools such as VMWare Converter.
Complete the following:
- Stop the BlackBerry Licensing Service.
- Navigate to C:\ProgramData\ and look for the FNEServer folder. Note: If the folder is not visible, enable the Show hidden files and folders option in Windows.
- Make a backup copy of the FNEServer folder.
- Delete the 3 files in the FNEServer folder.
- Start the BlackBerry Licensing Service.
- Confirm that the MAC address is visible in the BlackBerry Management Studio.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.