- BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 version 10.1 and 10.2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 - Express Edition
During the installation of BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10, it is possible to install locally and use a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 - Express Edition. By default SQL Express is configured for Dynamic port only.
The setup application configures a Dynamic port automatically for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.
If it is required to use a Static port instead of a Dynamic port, proceed with the following steps:
- Launch the BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 setup application and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Express Edition:
- Run the BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 installer and select Create BlackBerry Enterprise Service Domain > Install and use Microsoft SQL 2008 R2 Express Edition on this computer.
- Proceed with the installation until the Microsoft SQL Server database is to be created.
- Verify the SQL server name is <host>\BLACKBERRY.
- Select the Database name (by default, is BDSMgmt).
- Change the Port Configuration setting to Static.
- Change Port configuration in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Express Edition:
- Open SQL Server Configuration Manager and select SQL Network Configuration > Protocol for BLACKBERRY.
- Select TCP/IP and clear the TCP Dynamic Ports values.
- Set the TCP Port setting to 1433 for all the IP addresses that the server will listen from.
- Complete the Installation:
- Go back to the BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 installer screen, and proceed with the Microsoft SQL Server database creation and BES10 setup.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.