- BlackBerry 10 OS
The following information is intended for retail support representatives who are assisting customers with troubleshooting.
The social networking applications referred to in this article come preloaded on the BlackBerry smartphone . This includes: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn services, Foursquare, and BlackBerry Messenger (BBM).
Ask the customer about connectivity:
- Determine if the customer has a data connection (for example, can they browse to a webpage or download an application from BlackBerry World storefront)?
If a customer is not connected:
- If connectivity issues persist, the customer may need to contact their wireless service provider for further information (for example, a service disruption may be causing connectivity issues).
Ask the customer about their login credentials:
- Determine if the customer is correctly typing their login credentials (for example, ask the customer if their password or username has changed)
The customer may experience issues with logging in to social networking applications on their BlackBerry smartphone if they are incorrectly typing their login credentials.
- Make sure the customer is correctly typing their login credentials into the social networking application on the BlackBerry smartphone.
Note: The customer can reveal password icon to display the characters they are typing.
Ask the customer about their permissions:
- Determine if the customer set certain permissions on the social networking application.
The customer may experience issues with connecting to social networking applications on their BlackBerry smartphone if they set certain permissions that prevent viewing from a mobile device:
- Advise the customer to visit the social networking vendor’s website and check settings that might prevent the BlackBerry smartphone from accessing the application.
Assist the customer with further troubleshooting steps:
- Advise the customer to try accessing the social networking application by logging into the website on a computer.
- The social networking vendor may be experiencing a service disruption. Advise the customer to check the vendor’s website for further information.
Note: Useful websites to check for social networking service disruptions include: www.downrightnow.com, and www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.