- BlackBerry 10 OS
The following information is intended for retail support representatives who are assisting customers with troubleshooting.
If the customer’s BlackBerry smartphone does not charge, use the following as a basis for helping the customer:
- Have the customer reproduce the issue for you.
- Validate that the battery charge indicator appears on the BlackBerry smartphone.
- For more information, visit docs.blackberry.com. Under the BlackBerry Manuals & Help section, choose BlackBerry Manuals > Smartphones > BlackBerry smartphones. Choose the relevant BlackBerry smartphone model. User guides are easily identified in the list by the words User Guide at the beginning of the title. Choose the relevant user guide and search for Charging to find relevant information. Additional help may be found on the BlackBerry smartphone’s Help application. Start the Help application, tap the Search icon (magnifying lens), and search for Charging.
- Determine if a customer component (the BlackBerry smartphone, the battery, or the charger) is at fault by swapping it with known good components and recording the results. If the customer’s BlackBerry smartphone has a non-removable battery, test only the charger. Here are some sample scenarios to use during troubleshooting:
- Charge the customer’s BlackBerry smartphone with the customer’s battery and charger.
- Charge the customer’s BlackBerry smartphone with the customer's battery and a known good recommended charger.
- Charge the customer’s BlackBerry smartphone with a semi charged known good battery and the customer’s charger.
- Charge the customer’s BlackBerry smartphone with a semi charged known good battery and a known good recommended charger.
- If possible, repeat these tests with a known good BlackBerry smartphone of the same model as the customer’s and record relevant behavior such as display function or charge rate.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.