- BlackBerry 10 OS
The following information is intended for retail support representatives who are assisting customers with troubleshooting.
The customer may experience the following issues with their BlackBerry smartphone display. These issues could be either display or power-related:
- The BlackBerry smartphone display is black, but the LED is functioning.
- The BlackBerry smartphone display is black and the LED is not functioning.
- The charge indicator does not appear on the BlackBerry smartphone during charging.
- Test the display of the BlackBerry smartphone.
- If the charge indicator does not appear during charging, physically inspect the BlackBerry smartphone USB port. If the physical inspection does not reveal issues with the USB port, use a known good charger of the recommend type for the customer’s model of BlackBerry smartphone to begin testing.
Note: The Auto On/Off feature (which allows the customer to set a time for their BlackBerry smartphone to turn off and on again) is not available for BlackBerry 10. Verify that the customer is not trying to use the Auto On/Off feature on their BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.