- BlackBerry 10 OS
The following information is intended for retail support representatives who are assisting customers with troubleshooting.
If a customer cannot access the media card in their BlackBerry smartphone, use the following steps as a basis for helping the customer:
If the customer cannot access the media card only after they connect their BlackBerry smartphone to a computer with a USB port, USB Mass Storage mode may be enabled. To disable USB Mass Storage mode, perform the following steps:
- Swipe down from the top of the display > tap Settings > tap Storage and Access > slide USB Mass Storage to Off.
- Check the seating of the media card by removing and reinserting the media card. To properly seat the media card, perform the following steps:
- Check the pins for cleanliness or damage.
- Locate the media card slot on the BlackBerry smartphone. The location of the media card slot may differ depending on the BlackBerry smartphone model.
- Locate the blue media card icon on the BlackBerry smartphone. Orient the media card to match the icon.
- Fully insert the media card into the BlackBerry smartphone.
Note: After you correctly insert a media card, Media Card Inserted briefly appears on the display.
If the customer still cannot access their media card, insert a new media card into the BlackBerry smartphone and check that you can access the media card.
Alternatively, insert the existing media card into a new BlackBerry smartphone and check that you can access the media card.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.