- BlackBerry 10 OS
The following information is intended for retail support representatives who are assisting customers with troubleshooting.
If a customer experiences issues with HDMI connections, use the following steps as a basis for helping the customer:
Note: Only select BlackBerry® 10 smartphones are equipped with HDMI ports.
- Examine the micro HDMI port and cable for signs of physical damage.
- Check the orientation of the micro HDMI cable. Advise the customer of the correct orientation.
Note: The HDMI logo on the cable should face the top of the BlackBerry smartphone.
- Check the other end of the micro HDMI cable for proper connection to an HDMI-equipped display.
- Determine the optimal resolution of the HDMI-equipped display.
- On the BlackBerry smartphone, On the home screen, swipe frown from the top of the display. Tap Settings > tap Display. In the HDMI Display Mode drop-down list, choose the resolution that most closely matches what was identified in step 4.
- Match what’s in this list with what was found in step 4.
- If the customer can see video, but cannot hear audio, check that the HDMI-equipped display has speakers. If not, set the HDMI Audio setting to Off, and connect speakers to the BlackBerry smartphone using the headset jack.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.