- BlackBerry 10 OS
The following information is intended for retail support representatives who are assisting customers with troubleshooting.
Ask the customer about their phone application usage
- Ask the customer if the mobile network on their BlackBerry smartphone is turned on.
- Ask the customer if they recently placed a phone call using their BlackBerry smartphone.
- Ask the customer if they made the phone call in a good area of coverage.
- Ask the customer what method they used to initiate the phone call.
- For example, from the address book, calls within the BlackBerry Hub, within the Phone application, etc
- Verify that the Mobile Network on the customer’s BlackBerry smartphone is switched to On.
- Tap Settings > tap Network Connections > tap Mobile Network.
- Advise the customer that they may experience issues with phone calls in areas of bad coverage.
- Make a phone call with the customer’s BlackBerry smartphone in an area with good coverage.
- Verify that the calling function works by trying an alternate method to make the phone call.
Note: There is no functionality to make a call directly from an email or the browser application by tapping on the contact’s phone number.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.