- BlackBerry 10 OS
The following information is intended for retail support representatives who are assisting customers with troubleshooting.
Ask the customer about their BlackBerry smartphone usage during phone calls
- Determine if the customer experiences a dropped call.
- Ask the customer if their phone call ends during a conversation.
- Ask the customer if there was an error message appearing when the phone call dropped.
- Ask the customer if they were initiating an international or long distance phone call.
- Note: This information helps isolate where the issue may be occurring (for example, multiple wireless service providers). This information is useful when you perform further troubleshooting steps.
If a customer has difficulty with their dropped phone calls during a conversation, use the following steps as a guide for troubleshooting:
- Make a phone call using the BlackBerry smartphone and attempt to duplicate the dropped call.
- Verify that the customer did not already have two independent phone call conversations occurring.
- Note: BlackBerry smartphones can run two phone calls simultaneously.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.