- BlackBerry 10 OS
The following information is intended for retail support representatives who are assisting customers with troubleshooting.
Ask the customer if they have multiple BlackBerry smartphones associated with their BlackBerry Link.
- Ask the customer if they can see unrecognized files on their BlackBerry smartphone.
- Ask the customer what type of file they are trying to view on their computer.
- Ask the customer if their documents and media files do not appear to be syncing.
- Ask the customer if they are trying to delete a BlackBerry smartphone from the list of associated BlackBerry smartphones on BlackBerry Link.
- Verify that the customer is logged in to the BlackBerry smartphone and BlackBerry Link on their computer with the same BlackBerry ID.
- For more information, choose BlackBerry 10 from the side menu, and then choose BlackBerry Services.
- Verify all of the linked BlackBerry smartphones associated with the customer’s BlackBerry ID by logging out from BlackBerry ID in BlackBerry Link, and then get the customer to log in again using the same BlackBerry ID. BlackBerry Link will then identify the BlackBerry 10 smartphone linked with the BlackBerry ID.
- BlackBerry Link will generate a list of all BlackBerry smartphones associated with the current BlackBerry ID, using the name specified in Settings > About > Device Name on their BlackBerry smartphone. Verify that the customer’s BlackBerry smartphone is on this list.
- If the customer wants to delete a BlackBerry smartphone associated with their BlackBerry Link software, for example, if they temporarily signed in to a loaner BlackBerry smartphone, verify that the customer has logged out from their BlackBerry ID in BlackBerry Link.
Note: The association between a BlackBerry smartphone and BlackBerry Link software cannot be deleted unless the customer is logged out of BlackBerry ID from within BlackBerry Link.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.