- BlackBerry 10 OS
The following information is intended for retail support representatives who are assisting customers with troubleshooting.
The Cloud Contacts feature affects only the Contacts application on a customer’s BlackBerry smartphone. The Cloud Contacts feature auto populates your contact fields with information gathered from various social networking sources.
Note: If this feature is unavailable, it may have been disabled by the customer’s IT administrator.
The contact information is not updated by Cloud Contacts
- Ask the customer if they are connected to this contact through a social networking application.
- Ask the customer if they have manually updated the field that is missing information.
- Verify that the information the customer is looking for is available on at least one of the connected social networking applications.
- Verify that the customer has not manually changed that specific piece of information. Edit the contact and remove the field that was previously changed.
- For example, for email to be synced again through Cloud Contacts, remove the email field and then this field it will be reset. This email field is now able to be auto populated once again.
Note: After you manually change a field, it cannot be overwritten by cloud services.
Missing information in a customer’s contact field(s)
- Ask the customer if they enabled the Cloud Contacts feature.
- Ask the customer to identify what information is missing by looking at the social networking source.
- Verify that the Cloud Contacts feature is enabled on the customer’s BlackBerry smartphone.
- In the Contacts application, swipe down from the top of the display, and then tap Settings > Find More Contact Details.
- Tap the checkbox under Find More Contact Details.
Note: The customer must have a pre-existing relationship with this contact, which provides the customer with permission to add them to their address book on their BlackBerry smartphone.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.