- BlackBerry 10 OS
- BlackBerry Remember
The following information is intended for retail support representatives who are assisting customers with troubleshooting.
Explore the customer experience
Customers may have general how-to questions about BlackBerry Remember on their BlackBerry smartphone.
Issues with syncing Evernote
If the customer added an Evernote account to their BlackBerry smartphone, their Evernote notebooks sync with BlackBerry Remember, but some items may not sync as expected.
- Ask the customer if they can locate their Evernote content.
- Ask the customer if they are syncing an entry in an Evernote folder with due dates, tags, or attachments.
- Ask the customer if their task reminders are only synching the reminder date but not the time.
- Evernote is integrated with the BlackBerry Remember application; it does not have its own icon.
- To add an Evernote account:
- Choose Settings > Account > Add Account > tap Evernote and then follow the on-screen prompts.
Note: The Evernote folders have a small elephant icon and appear in green by default in the BlackBerry Remember application.
Note: Initial synchronization between Evernote and your device can take several minutes.
- Advise the customer that if they sync an entry in an Evernote folder with due dates, tags, or attachments, it may not sync. Remove the due dates, tags, or attachments from the Evernote entry.
- Test moving the Evernote entry into a new folder.
- If Evernote does not sync, check that the BlackBerry smartphone is authorized to access Evernote. Authorization is granted for one year at a time. From Settings > Accounts , sign in again to the Evernote account from the BlackBerry
smartphone to update the authorization.
Note: For more information on Evernote HTML content that does not render properly in Remember, visit www.blackberry.com/btsc and search for KB33471. If the customer experiences this issue, upgrade the customer’s BlackBerry smartphone to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2.
Syncing organizer data
If the customer cannot sync organizer data (for example, Memos or Tasks) with BlackBerry Remember on their BlackBerry smartphone, use the following steps as a guide for troubleshooting:
- Ask the customer if they added the email account that they want to sync with to the BlackBerry smartphone.
- Determine the type of data the email account syncs:
- Swipe down from the top of the display, tap the Settings menu, and then tap Accounts . Tap the appropriate email account (the customer may have several accounts, for example Windows Live Hotmail, Gmail, etc.).
- Scroll down the Edit Account screen to see which options are available for syncing data, for example, Sync Tasks or Sync Memos.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.