- BlackBerry 10 OS
The following information is intended for retail support representatives who are assisting customers with troubleshooting.
Explore the customer experience
- Ask the customer if they can view an avatar for their BBM contacts.
- Ask the customer if they can send messages to their BBM contacts.
- Determine if the customer sees a red x after they attempt to send a BBM message.
- If a contact’s avatar is missing, advise the customer to delete and re-add the contact.
Note: For more information on contacts with missing avatars in BBM, visit www.blackberry.com/btsc and search for KB33495.
- If a customer cannot send a message to a BBM contact, verify that the customer’s BlackBerry smartphone is connected to either Wi-Fi or a mobile network. Advise the customer to hold their finger down on the failed message until the cross cut menu appears, and then tap Resend.
- For more information on failed messages that display a red x, visit www.blackberry.com/btsc and search for KB33543.
By downloading, accessing or otherwise using the Knowledge Base documents you agree:
(b) not to copy, distribute, disclose or reproduce, in full or in part any of the documents without the express written consent of RIM.
Visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center at www.blackberry.com/btsc.